As you may be aware that AINBEA has served a strike notice to bank and their membership will be striking work all over the country on 02/09/2015, this strike call has been given as a part of larger strike call being observed by many of the Trade Unions across the country to protest against the reported Anti Labour and Anti Poor moves of the GoI. The most pertinent point of protest is the move and ideology of present government to usher in privatisation in Public Sector Banks and also gradually dilute the autonomous status of Central organisation like RBI etc. Com. Tapan Sen, Hon'ble MP and President CITU has appealed to AINBOA to join the strike call in solidarity with the rest of the Trade Unions.
After due deliberations among the office-bearers we have decided to respectfully acknowledge the appeal of Com. Tapan Sen and extend our moral and fraternal support to Trade Unions in general and AINBEA in particular in respect to the strike call of 02/09/2015.
Though we are not in a position to join the strike call we urge upon our membership and Units to ensure the following on 02/09/2015.
1. AINBOA members will not attend to any job/assignment/work which is generally assigned to and/or attended to by the Group 'B' and 'C' staff of our bank.
2. AINBOA Units at HO and RO will hold a lunch hour demonstration on 02/09/2015 in support of the striking employees.
3. Since providing safe and smooth passage into and out of the office premises is the responsibility of the management, we urge upon the officers community that in case of any 'picketing' at the office entrance, officers may not physically force their entry into the office premises and also do not engage the striking employees into any bitter situation.
4. We are separately intimating to the bank that in case of an eventuality where the officers, after reporting for duties at the entrance of office premises are unable to peacefully and smoothly enter the premises then arrangements for 'STREET ATTENDANCE' be put in place by the bank and in no case whatsoever officers be marked 'ABSENT from the duty.
5. We are also sending a communication to AINBEA for ensuring that their membership or their fraternal membership do not indulge in any act which may be construed as an act of indecency/violence/intimidation or attack on the dignity of our membership.
Please ensure compliance of the above appeal.
Dr. D S Chauhan