CHECK LIST ON TRANSFER
- Prepare a check list of works handled and pending works and hand over.
- Keep your and (family members ) photographs (ID and Passport Sized) ready.
- Apply for a lease flat / quarter at the centre of transfer.
- Apply for getting relieving order earlier / later.
- Obtain letter from the Bank that goods are transported on account of transfer and are household goods for private use so as to avoid octroi payment.
- Write to NB/RBI societies about transfer and deduction from new centres.
- Obtain a copy of the surrender sheet of the leased flat noting therein the electric / water meter readings.
- Return all magazines / library books from office and ensure none is outstanding in own name.
- Surrender identity card, calculator, keys of the office table, etc.
- Advise the Bank about vacation of the quarter / lease flat.
- Obtain "NOC" from the Bank for transfer of vehicle to the new centre.
- Make arrangements for redirecting the letters received in office.
- Post Office / Bank Accounts.
- Close all bank account and O D facilities.
- Take jewellery from locker and close the accounts.
- Kindly give an authority letter to driver with his signature appended on the letter if taken by road
- Obtain an NOC on RTO forms, from HRMD bills for transfer of vehicle if finance availed from bank
- Get NSS, NSCs, LIC, PPF, CTD etc. transferred to the new centre
- Obtain TC from school and obtain its endorsement from Education Department.
- If retaining children make arrangement for Hostel or make alternate arrangements.
- Get NOC from RTO for transfer of registration of your vehicle(s).
- Make arrangements for transporting vehicle(s) to the new centre (preferably vehicle may be transferred immediately) for claiming conveyance allowance.
- Clear all dues of newspaper/milk vendors etc.
- Intimate the Agency for uninstalling A/c, DTH and other imp. equipments
- Intimate DTH operator about your transfer to new centre.
- Return all library books and magazines.
- Instruct the landlord of the lease flat / neighbour of flat to redirect letters, if any, to the new address.
- Surrender Ration Card and obtain surrender certificate.
- Transfer gas connection and obtain transfer voucher from the gas agency.
- Contact packing agency and get the household goods neatly packed.
- Use crating for all delicate items.
- Negotiate with transport company for transportation of goods, billing, insurance in transit etc. (Hold back a token amount for settlement of damaged goods)
Incase any additions/deletions or suggestions feel free to mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com